Thursday, May 7, 2009

Greyson Kahrs Hardy



Greyson Kahrs Hardy arrived Thursday, May 7 at 2:42pm weighing 7lbs 13oz and 21 1/2 inches long! Wow, what a big boy!! He was 2lbs bigger than Scott and 1lb 7oz bigger than Tyler!


The proud big brothers before Greyson arrived!


We arrived at the hospital at 9am and I was having contractions but they were pretty spaced out. Then once my doctor checked me I was 4cm and my contractions all of a sudden started coming closer and closer together. They started me on potosin and they definitely started to become more intense. He broke my water around 12 and I really started to progress fast. Once I started to push, Greyson's heartrate really started dropping. Dr. Chris kept me informed of what was going on which I was really thankful for. They soon realized that the cord was wrapped around his neck and each time I pushed it caused it to tighten. Robbie could see the heart monitor and said it would get down in the 60's at some points. Finally, Dr. Chris said I had one more chance to push and then I would have to have a C-section because he was concerned with how low the heartrate was dropping. So, as I pushed I prayed equally as hard!! God is so good and Greyson came out with that next very push. But, he was not crying and a little blue. The nurses immediately took him and he started crying right away! It was a pretty emotional, scary few minutes but I had faith that God was right there with us taking care of Greyson and honoring the amazing prayers that so many of you were sending up on our behalf all day yesterday.

Robbie and I were able to hold him as soon as they got him cleaned up. Robbie got to carry him to the nursery and stay with him. They were concerned about his breathing and his body temperature but after a couple of hours Greyson was good to go and everything was great with him! I was floored by his weight, of course!! I couldn't believe he was that big!! I knew he would be bigger than Tyler and Scott because I was bigger this pregnancy but I had no idea he would be 2lbs more than Scott (although he did come 2 weeks later than Scott and one week later than Tyler)!! He is healthy and all is well and I am so thankful!


My first chance to hold him


Proud Daddy


Excited family watching Greyson in the nursery


1st picture of the Hardy boys


Mama's Boys


The 5 of Us


Such a happy BIG brother! Tyler was so proud holding his baby brother! He's already so sweet with him!


He's finally here....it took forever but I'm a big brother!


A sweet moment

I will post more pictures later of the family!

12 comments:

Anna Grace said...

Yippee! We are so thankful for Greyson's safe entry into the world! We were thinking about you all day yesterday, and we so wish we could have been there. We love you, and we're celebrating all the way from Waco. Congratulations -- he's perfect!
Love,
Tiff, Andy, and Anna

The B Family said...

Welcome to the world, Grayson!!! We are absolutely thrilled for y'all! I was up (bladder control) at 4:15 this morning & thought about you...figuring you were probably up with your little miracle!
Okay...now, I need to go re-apply my makeup! Those pictures are priceless! What a beautiful family!
Love you~ Rebecca

The Chavis Family said...

WOW!! I can't believe how much bigger Greyson was than Scott and Tyler. He is sooo cute. I love all of the pictures. What a great family of 5 y'all are. :) I was thinking about you all day yesterday. I kept texting mom to see if she had heard anything. I'm glad everything worked out great. I can't wait to see what color hair Greyson has. ~Kim :)

Chris and Amy said...

The pictures you posted are great. I'm glad to know he is here safe and surrounded by so much love! Is there a chance he might be a Clemson fan...I noticed Robbie's shirt! Love you all!

Jennifer Beaver said...

Lea,
He is so beautiful and your other two look so happy to have another sibling! It's amazing how similar your birth story is to mine with Nathan. He was 7 lb, 15 oz; and we had the same exact problem with the cord and low heart rate. We dropped into the 30s every time I pushed and were just about to be taken to the OR for a c-section. I was adamant I was going to get him out naturally! I'm glad everything worked out well- it's definitely a test of faith when you hear that heart rate drop! Jenn Beaver

Mike and Ashley Madden said...

hey...yea for Greyson!! I can't wait to meet him and visit the family!! I will be home the week of Memorial day...we will definitely plan something then!!!

TigerFamily said...

Congratulations my friends!!! LOVE the pic of y'all as a family of 5! I enjoyed all the pictures but I must say I was shocked when I saw Robbie:) "WHAAAAT?" was all I could get out...is that an ORANGE shirt? There MUST be a story behind this...due tell:) Greyson is going to be a Clemson Tiger for sure...b/c his DADDY said so! Can't wait to see more pics! m

Mary Ann said...

Congratulations!!!! I am sooooo excited for you all!!! I love all the pictures! Esp. the family of 5!!! He is goregous!!And I was right about the reason he hung in there a little longer then the other boys!!! He was a big boy for you! BTW.... You don't look like you just had a baby! That is so unfair!!!Lol!!

KK said...

Hi Greyson Kahrs Hardy and family. Greyson, you are darling. You have the best big brothers and parents in the world. I can't wait to hold you and give you lots of kisses!
Love,
Great Aunt KK

The Howell family said...

Congratulations! I guess no matter how many babies you have you never know what to expect! I'm praising God with you for Greyson's safe arrival. He is precious-I love the family photo! I'm trying not to get jealous ;)

Megan said...

Oh Lea---As I sit here with sweet happy tears, I am so amazed by God and His hand in all He does!! So excited for you all. Love the family pic of all 5 of you. Greyson is just beautiful(or should I say handsome) and the boys look so excited. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!! Can't wait for my turn. Makes me want the baby here even faster. Love-Megan

Rebecca said...

This post moved me to tears too!!! The pictures are fantastic! I am so happy for you and the whole family. What a beautiful, sweet family you have!! Congratulations!!
Love
Rebecca