Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day of School

Our big 2nd grader:


Tyler started 2nd grade today!! He has been really excited about starting, but when we dropped him a few tears started flowing. He said he was nervous. Bless his heart!! He is an anxious child and gets nervous easily, but this was the first year he cried so it kind of threw me for a loop! But, his teacher was very sweet, and I feel sure as soon as we left he was ok.

On another note, I love the mind of my 4 year old, Scott! His thoughts never cease to amaze me and usually make me laugh. We truly never know what is going on in his little head. 99% of the time his questions and comments come totally out of the blue! A few of his questions or comments lately:
"Mama, are their roads in Africa?"
"Mama, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
"My eyes are exhausted."

Greyson is keeping life fun and busy! He is such a busy body and quite funny. He turned 15 months old on Aug 7! He thinks he is as big as Tyler and Scott and picks up on their every move.

A few more pics from this morning:





7 comments:

Anna Grace said...

Sweet Tyler! I've been thinking about him all morning. Tell him (and Scott and Greyson) we love them!

The Hoffman Family said...

What a sweetheart!!! Hope Tyler had a wonderful day of school :)

Robin said...

You are TOO good to have this update today. You knew we would be looking ;-) Yay for Tyler...and those are hilarious Scottisms!!!

Mimi said...

Can't quite believe that Tyler is a 2nd grader! Every teacher's dream student for sure!
"Cot" and Greyson will entertain each other while Tyler is in school! And won't that make for some interesting conversation????
Love, love my sweet Hardy boys!

The B Family said...

Oh my goodness, all of the sudden Tyler looks so grown up to me! Maybe it was after the words "2nd grader" that I about flipped out! Where has the time gone??? I can remember mailing him his first birthday card when y'all lived in indian town or whatever it's called. He is such a handsome, beautiful child! Hope his 2nd grade year is fantastic!!!

PS...my eyes are exhausted, too! :)

TigerFamily said...

Such fun pictures and handsome boys!!!! What in the world are you going to do when all those girls come knocking?:) It's so hard to believe you have one in the 2nd grade....time is passing much too fast! I love reading about the individual personalities of your boys. so precious! Why is it that as they get older it is that much harder to send them off? When the boys were 20 months and I sent them off...I did the happy dance! Now that they start this coming Monday in the preK 4 class I have tears in my eyes! I'm super excited we are keeping them back from kindergarten this year...one more year with them! This will be the first year we put them in different class rooms....I cried today when I met their different teachers! So sad, yet excited for them. They have never been a part from each other. Monday looks to be a rough one on all of us! Parker knows just how Tyler feels! He is our anxious one for sure. m

The Gadds said...

Oh Lea, I love the story of Tyler. How precious! I know your heart melted and you were waiting all day to have him back home. I am glad to hear he had a good day. Your boys are so handsome.