Friday, July 30, 2010

July

July has flown by!! I can't believe that the last day of July is tomorrow. I'm kind of sad that August is approaching because that means school is starting for the boys.
The first part of July was kind of hard. Mema was really sick and in the hospital over July 4th weekend. But, praise the Lord she is doing ok now and in a rehab hospital. We were able to be with family that weekend, some of whom we haven't seen in 10+ years! We also got to see some of our dear friends from Lancaster, whom we haven't seen in awhile. Here are all our boys together:

The first part of July 4th weekend was really fun, though, because my childhood best friend was in town and several of us all got together with our children. It was a lot of fun! Here are 2 pics from our day at the lake:



The middle 2 weeks of July were the best!! My brother, sister in law and 2 beautiful neices were here! This was the first time we were able to meet sweet Caroline and I loved everyday of it. She is the best baby and I enjoyed snuggling with her quite often. The boys had the best time with Anna. They were 3 peas in a pod for the whole 2 weeks. It was a very special time and Tiffany and I really enjoyed watching them play, laugh, swim, etc. It was very sad to see them go on Tuesday this past week. Tyler cried once we got in the car to leave and it broke my heart! Scott told me "Mama, I want God to move Anna to our neighbhorhood." What sweet boys who adore their time with their cousins! We took so many pictures but here are some from our time together:



We had a tire issue on our way to the beach...it was a funny memory for sure!...this was a picture of the memorable event)



Robbie and baby Caroline:

Caroline loved Tyler!


Tiffany made yummy chocolate chip pancakes one morning:





We played putt putt at the beach one night and Greyson thought he was as big as the older kids! It was too cute!
Building a sand castle with Uncle Andy:

Robbie and all the kiddos


Uncle Mark and Aunt Katie with some of their nieces and nephews


Our attempt at a big group shot at a little playground near the condo

This picture made us laugh...Scott thought he needed to be apart of Katie and Mark's little family!!

While at the beach, Scott learned to swim!!!!!!!! It was an amazing milestone for him and we are so proud of him. He is now even going off the diving board at the pool!!


We are having a great summer and sad to see it end soon. Tyler will start 2nd grade on Aug 18 and he is looking forward to it (I think). He has gained a lot more confidence with swimming this summer and has been a huge help to Robbie and me with Greyson (and Scott sometimes, too). He was a proud big brother when Scott learned to swim! He has such a sweet, genuine heart. Scott will start preschool in late August. He's our little red head and at such a fun age of 4...I just can't think about him turning 5 in 2 short months. He says the cutest things that I wish I could remember forever. He can be funny one minute and Mr. Serious another. Greyson is so full of life and energy right now. He cracks us up and makes life fun. He is already a chatter box and a friend to everyone he meets. He is our little chubba bubba! Life is full of so many blessings and we are very grateful!

7 comments:

Anna Grace said...

Great update, Lea! But I agree with Scott . . . I would love for God to move us to your neighborhood! It was such a great trip; I'll never forget it. Love you all!

The B Family said...

Love the update & all the great pictures!
I've got to hear more about the tire incident! Looks like it was fun! :)
Plus, the picture of Scott with Katie and her hubby is so funny! That's classic!
It was such a joy to meet Caroline and see Andy's family again. I just teared up reading about Tyler getting upset and Scott wanting them to live near him. I know they loved their time with them, too!

Love you!

Katie said...

very nice.

Mimi said...

I don' think you forgot a single moment of this month! Thanks for the reminders of all the fun times. If we can't all "live in the same neighborhood" at least we can make some really special memories when we are all together! I am truly blessed with such an amazing family!

The Hoffman Family said...

How sweet! Looks like you all are having a fantastic summer! Your entire family is just beautiful! You are all very blessed! Enjoy your last remaining weeks soaking up the sun with the kids! I can't believe school will be here so soon.

Chris and Amy said...

Looks like you had a fun and busy July! Katie looked precious with all the kids piled up on her :)

Rebecca said...

Loooove it!!! Lea, I love all the pics, absolutely all of them!! However, my fave is the pic with all the kids at the lake and GreyGrey is SMACK in the middle with a look that says "Here I am, world! Take my pic!!!" So sweet! Love the cousin pics, so precious!