Friday, March 27, 2009

DISNEY WORLD





We just got back last night from an amazing trip to Disney World! The boys, my parents and I were definitely not ready to come back. Robbie on the other hand loved the trip but was ready to be back in his own house and bed!







We spent Monday and Tuesday at the Magic Kingdom and Wednesday at Sea World. We are really glad we spent 2 days at MK (thanks for that tip, Rebecca) because it really took 2 days to get to do everything we wanted to do. The crowd was pretty heavy but it was ok. The weather was beautiful except for a little misty rain on Monday morning. Thankfully that was very short lived. The boys' amazement at everything we did and saw was priceless. It was so fun experiencing it all through their eyes.







Tyler's favorite ride was Peter Pan's Flight and he loved meeting all the characters and letting them sign his book. He got some birthday wishes on Tuesday while wearing his birthday button he received at the park but all the attention kind of got to him after awhile so he took the button off! :) He's not a fan of attention! He did get a birthday gift card in place of a free ticket into the park since we did a package deal and already had a ticket. So, he had fun spending that on a t-shirt, stuffed animals, candy, etc. Scott had a blast on all the rides. He loved meeting Buzz Lightyear, his absolute favorite character! He was quite funny the whole trip, but did we expect anything else!? :) He could vividly tell everything we did and he was so funny talking to his 2 aunts (Katie and Robin) on the phone telling them what all we did.










Our trip to Sea World was really great! The first thing we did was watch a show with Shamu and the killer whales. It was amazing. We saw some other dolphin and seal shows as well. The boys absolutely love sea animals, especially Tyler, so they thoroughly enjoyed Sea World. Tyler and I got to do something really cool that we will always remember...he and I got to feed and pet dolphins! It was so neat and fun to experience that just the two of us. After we fed the dolphins we then had a very memorable, funny, scary, crazy thing happen. We walked up to the pool of stingrays were you could lean over and pet them. Well, Robbie was holding Scott and went to reach him out a little further so he could pet one and his foot slipped. Scott's entire body then fell into to the pool of STINGRAYS!!!!!!!!! Robbie thankfully never let go of him and lifted him right out but it was a pretty traumatizing experience for my little Scottie! Scott cried and I cried, too!!! My dad had thankfully bought a beach towel earlier in the day at the Shamu show because they sat in the soak zone. So, we wrapped Scott up in that! It was quite hilarious after the shock wore off and we will never let Robbie live it down! :)
















As most of you know I have a habit of having premature labor and contractions and this pregnancy is no different! The first morning at Magic Kingdom after a couple of hours of walking, my lower back was hurting and I would have a contraction every now and then. So, we resorted to renting me a wheel chair! I felt so bad riding around in it when I wasn't actually crippled and that Robbie and my dad had to push me around, but it immediately helped! I was definitely not wanting a premature baby in Disney World and because of the wheel chair my contractions and lower back pain subsided. The boys enjoyed riding in it with me, too! My mom's foot bothered her some so she took a turn in it as well. So, all in all it came in very handy for only $10 a day!





8 comments:

Anna Grace said...

What great pictures! We missed you guys so much this week, but we're so glad you had fun. Happy late birthday, Tyler...we love you!

Johanna said...

Abigail and I looked at all your pics and now she is so excited to go to Disney World! I am glad you didnt give birth there!!! Thank goodness for those wheelchairs!!!

The Chavis Family said...

WOW!! It sounds like y'all had a great time. All of your pictures are awesome. I love the ones of Tyler feeding the dolphins. I can't believe Scott fell in the stingray tank. That's a memory you will all have forever. I look forward to a trip to Disney when Brady is a little older. I'm glad you had so much fun and glad you didn't have a Disney baby. :)

Mimi said...

When can we go back??????????? What an incrediblly fun time we had!!!!!!

Mary Ann said...

What wonderful pictures! Looks like you had so much fun!!!! Hey, I know that wheel chair had to be handy!Maybe next time I go I will find an excuse to rent one! Ha! All that walking will really wear you down quick! I know your pain with the premature labar! I had 3 early babies! Praying that Greyson hangs in there a little longer though!

The B Family said...

Oh Lea~ That post was great! All three (four) of us are laughing hysterically over Scott with the stringrays and your wheelchair! Too bad they didn't let you jump to the front of the line in it! But, we are very thankful that Greyson didn't make an early arrival in DW! Looking forward to Tyler's party!!!
Love to you~ Rebecca

Chris and Amy said...

It looks like y'all had so much fun. The pictures turned out great!

The Calm of His Presence said...

Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing the stories! It makes me want to start planning a trip!