Monday, January 26, 2009

Savannah

Robbie and I went on a little one night getaway to Savannah this past Saturday and Sunday before baseball season and Greyson arrive! We were only there 24 hours but it was great to get away just the 2 of us...very refreshing!! We had never been to Savannah before, and we loved it! It is a really neat place with so much to do. When we got there on Saturday we went to this place recommended to us called B & D Burgers. They had every type of burger you could imagine and it was SO good!! Then we walked up and down a main street downtown and went in some shops. We stayed at a little Bed and Breakfast that was ok but we probably wouldn't stay there again. It was neat just to experience the whole "bed and breakfast" thing since we hadn't done that before. We ate at a fabulous restaurant on Saturday night called Vics on the River. I had shrimp and grits and it was AWESOME! Robbie had shrimp and oysters. It was a beautiful restaurant that overlooked the river. Next time we go, we want to stay somewhere at the river because it was a beautiful view! Here are some pictures from our little trip!


We took this one of ourselves at dinner :)


Vics on the River


One of the HUGE barges that went by on the river


Us on an old boat you could tour (the big bridge in the background)


The view from the BIG bridge we had to cross going in and leaving Savannah

7 comments:

Mimi said...

I am sure that Greyson enjoyed being an only child for the weekend! Glad you had fun!

The Chavis Family said...

Looks like you guys had fun. We've never been to Savannah but I've heard it is really nice. What a great way to get some "couple time" before Greyson comes. I can't wait to meet him soon. :) ~Kim

The B Family said...

We love Savannah, too! There is a nice Hampton Inn on Bay St that we usually stay at that has a roof top pool and fabulous view of the river! So, when you make it back...keep that in mind!
We are heading to Beaufort this weekend for some couple time ourselves! (But, Scott's got the deacon prayer on Sunday so we'll be gone just about 24 hours also!)
Glad y'all had a great getaway!!!
Love~ Rebecca

Mary Ann said...

WE LOVE SAVANNAH! One of out FAV. places. I wish you would have told me I could have told your a nice place to stay. It is historic. Looks like you all have a great time! I see Greyson is growing too!
Won't be long! how far along are you?

Chris and Amy said...

I'm so glad you were able to have a little getaway with the husband. I've never stayed at a bed and breakfast. Were there other people staying there too?

The Howell family said...

I'm pretty sure my belly is bigger than yours :) When I read B & D Burgers all I can hear is their commercial. We have sattelite and get Ga stations so we hear their commercial a lot! I'm glad it was good. I'm glad to hear of a restaurant you liked also. We have only ventured to Sav. once since we've lived in Beaufort and the rest. were we ate wasn't impressive so we'll have to try Vic's. Glad you had a good time!

Mary Ann said...

Hey Lea, You received a blog award. Stop by my blog and see.